The quickest way to be blessed is to agree with God.
2 Kings 7:3-9 NKJ
“Now there were four leprous men at the entrance of the gate; and they said to one another, “Why are we sitting here until we die? If we say, ‘We will enter the city,’ the famine is in the city, and we shall die there. And if we sit here, we die also. Now therefore, come, let us surrender to the army of the Syrians. If they keep us alive, we shall live; and if they kill us, we shall only die.” And they rose at twilight to go to the camp of the Syrians; and when they had come to the outskirts of the Syrian camp, to their surprise no one was there. For the Lord had caused the army of the Syrians to hear the noise of chariots and the noise of horses—the noise of a great army; so they said to one another, “Look, the king of Israel has hired against us the kings of the Hittites and the kings of the Egyptians to attack us!” Therefore they arose and fled at twilight, and left the camp intact—their tents, their horses, and their donkeys—and they fled for their lives. And when these lepers came to the outskirts of the camp, they went into one tent and ate and drank, and carried from it silver and gold and clothing, and went and hid them; then they came back and entered another tent, and carried some from there also, and went and hid it. Then they said to one another, “We are not doing right. This day is a day of good news, and we remain silent. If we wait until morning light, some punishment will come upon us. Now therefore, come, let us go and tell the king’s household.”
NOTE: • There are only 4 leprous men • Keep in mind that there are different kinds of leprosy - this specific one caused them to lose parts of their body, so they literally weren’t whole. • They were rejected by their family and friends • Also, they are not named in the passage
1) When the lepers get down to the Syrian camp, the Lord does something. • He caused the Syrian army to “hear chariots” — when God steps in, He can do what nobody else can.
2) God amplifies their movement. • God is going to amplify your movement, so don’t sit there and die. Do something! • The lepers are pretty much about to die, but they don’t call all of the prayer intercessors, they don’t fast for 40 days, they just get up and move.
See, when you read this passage you don’t see a lot of “church stuff” happening, all you see are four messed up guys who got up and did something. You may have lost some things over the years, BUT! keep on moving. If you move, God’ll move.
• God, He glorifies their endeavors.
3) They didn’t even ask for it. God hears the cries of your heart even if it doesn’t make it to your mouth. • God mystified their enemies. • Let the praise go first. • Keep moving. Keep praising. Your enemies won’t even be able to stand you.
4) Pray like you haven’t before. Believe like you haven’t before. • If you draw near unto God, He will draw near to you. If you just make some sort of movement, God will make His.
There's another passage in the Bible about a leper who came back to give thanks to Jesus after he and nine others were healed (thanks & praise as form of faith). He was made WHOLE because of his faith.
• Being made whole means: Whatever the devil stole from you, God’s gonna restore to you. • Make something happen. • The devil doesn’t care anymore, he has nothing to lose by messing with you as much as he can. So we need to get the same attitude: ”I have nothing to lose, so let me keep praising.”
NOTE: Even though there was a famine, the four lepers were able to eat. • If you keep moving, God will keep blessing. • He will find ways to find stuff for you.
Why did God do all of this for the lepers and for you? — So that you can tell somebody.
Don’t stop doing what you know to do that brings glory to God’s name.
Figure out why God blessed you—reached over everyone in your family, your friends, etc. in order to bless you. Why did he keep you? So you can declare that he did it. It’s all because you responded. You got up and moved.
GEORGE C. SEARIGHT