What is a supernatural turnaround?
When you touch the supernatural realm, it changes the way you see things, the way you speak, your career goals, and how you go about life.
Mark 8:22-26 MSG
They arrived at Bethsaida. Some people brought a sightless man and begged Jesus to give him a healing touch. Taking him by the hand, He led him out of the village. He put spit in the man’s eyes, laid hands on him, and asked, “Do you see anything?” He looked up. “I see men. They look like walking trees.” So Jesus laid hands on his eyes again. The man looked hard and realized that he had recovered perfect sight, saw everything in bright, twenty-twenty focus. Jesus sent him straight home, telling him, “Don’t enter the village.”
• The man was healed but not totally.
• This is the only time in the Bible where Jesus had to lay hands on a person twice.
• The man had to look hard.
— Look hard through your spirit man. Focus inside of you.
Ephesians 1:17 NKJV
…that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give to you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him…
— Look through your inner eyes and heart.
• You need to be able to discern, understand, and move in the supernatural realm.
SUPERNATURAL: out of the natural realm; not according to your strength; mind-boggling
• “supra” means “above”: moving to another level
• This is the realm where without the power of God, there would be absolutely nothing happening.
A supernatural turnaround is a divine encounter where God reverses my circumstances, turns around the negative into positive and shifts my thoughts and life toward a new direction.
• What you think is a hurt turns into a God appointment when you see things through the supernatural.
• God works things through His will, not our will.
How does God turn good things out of big messes?
• Literally what happens in a supernatural turnaround is that you start leaning into a new direction that you wouldn’t have if it were up to you.
A supernatural turnaround is when God steps into my world and changes things around.
• The footprint of God is so big that when He steps in, everything else has to move.
Are you willing to say, “Whatever course I’ve been on, send a storm, spit me out, turn me around!”? Are you ready for the vision and dreams? They don’t come without a cost. It comes with pits and prisons.
• God brought Joseph into an unexpected place.
— God can use non-Christians to be part of your destiny.
WHEN GOD MOVES INTO MY WORLD:God steps between me and the situation. God will fight the battle. Otherwise, if we’re not in the realm of the supernatural, we tend to fight our own battles.
• God’s got your battles. He’s coming in between. And not only that, but He also comes in suddenly.
— The thing about “suddenly” is that you can’t get ready for it. There’s nothing you can do to make it happen. It just happens.
• There are times when God puts together something that you could never have put together on your own.
• God interrupts circumstances.
• Divine interruption sometimes causes carnal responses. Sometimes we focus on how much we’ve worked for something to happen, when we get interrupted.
Divine interruption prepares us for divine provision. What we hold onto is not as good as what we’re gonna get. God interrupts for a reason. Let it go.
• All promises in Christ are “yes and amen”.
Isaiah 43:18-19 MSG
Forget about what’s happened; don’t keep going over old history. Be alert, be present. I’m about to do something brand-new. It’s bursting out! Don’t you see it? There it is! I’m making a road through the desert, rivers in the badlands.
A turnaround attitude is important. An attitude defined who you are. It’s not an emotion or thought. It’s connected to your perspective. With the right perspective, you can have the right attitude.
• It’s a direct result of seeing things properly.
• There are things you need to let go that have defined you in the past. Forget what happened. Don’t keep going over old history.
— As long as you’re married to the past, you can’t move on to the new thing.
Who cares if you don't feel healed yet? You have been healed. Speak to your emotions. Confess that the old history is gone and that something new has arrived.
• Why can’t you see it? Because you’re looking the wrong way.
• Don’t cling to events of the past. Quit dwelling on them. They happened so long ago.
Joseph’s named his sons [You can read the story of Joseph in Genesis 37-50.]
— Manasseh: “the Lord has caused me to forget”
— Ephraim: “oubly fruitful”
— Everyone wants an Ephraim but you need a Manasseh first.
Matthew 8:14-15 MSG
By this time they were in front of Peter’s house. On entering, Jesus found Peter’s mother-in-law sick in bed, burning up with fever. He touched her hand and the fever was gone. No sooner was she up on her feet than she was fixing dinner for him.
• This needs to be you. As soon as you are healed, serve.