A lot of times we don’t feel like God is trustworthy. We can trust Him with anything we bring to Him.
2 Timothy 2:11-13 NIV
Here is a trustworthy saying: If we died with Him, we will also live with Him; if we endure, we will also reign with Him. If we disown Him, He will also disown us; if we are faithless, He remains faithful, for He cannot disown Himself.
Even in our faithless moments He’s still got us. That's just how life is.. you go through such seasons, but you shouldn’t stay in those seasons — you have to move forward! Trust defines your destiny.
When you make the big steps, He looks after the little things. • In our society, people are deemed untrustworthy. But we’re all untrustworthy, yet we’ve been trusted by God even though He knew we would mess up at times.
WHAT IS TRUST? TRUST: Reliance on the integrity, strength, ability, or surety of a person or thing; a confident expectation of something
The opposite of trust is mistrust. • If you mistrust, you will cause yourself to misstep. You have to trust right to live right.
Psalm 37:3-4 NIV
Trust in the Lord and do good; dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture. Take delightin the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart.
Proverbs 3:5 AMP
Lean on, trust in, and be confident in the Lord with all your heart and mind and do not rely on your own insight or understanding.
• So many times we go to God last. We need to learn to go to Him and trust Him first. • The Bible doesn’t say to figure it out. It says over and over again to trust him. • This isn’t something we arrive at. It’s a constant battle.
TRAITS OF MISTRUST: • Lack of confidence • Doubt • Impatience • Need to control • Take unhealthy control of your life — Wait and let God take control of that area of your life.
For some reason we think we know better. But God knows better. God wants us to let go so He can give us the best. • Sometimes we get mad at God as if something bad is His fault. We’re so used to relating our human relationships to our relationship with God. • We allow human failing to rob us of the amazing God dependency we can have in our lives. • People let us down, but God never will.
Replace those human experiences with God experiences by spending time in the Word.
Psalm 20:7 NIV
Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the Lord our God.
Psalm 37:3 NIV
Trust in the Lord and do good; dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture.
Psalm 56:1-4 MSG
Take my side, God—I’m getting kicked around, stomped on every day. Not a day goes by but somebody beats me up; They make it their duty to beat me up. When I get really afraid I come to you in trust. I’m proud to praise God; fearless now, I trust in God. What can mere mortals do?
• Christians don’t know what’s available to them because they don’t know the Word of God. • Everything can be found in His book. It’ll change your life.
John 4:46-54 AMP
So Jesus came again to Cana of Galilee, where He had turned the water into wine. And there was a certain royal official whose son was lying ill in Capernaum. Having heard that Jesus had come back from Judea into Galilee, he went away to meet Him and began to beg Him to come down and cure his son, for he was lying at the point of death. Then Jesus said to him, Unless you see signs and miracles happen, you [people] never will believe (trust, have faith) at all. The king’s officer pleaded with Him, Sir, do come down at once before my little child is dead! Jesus answered him, Go in peace; your son will live! And the man put his trust in what Jesus said and started home. But even as he was on the road going down, his servants met him and reported, saying, Your son lives! So he asked them at what time he had begun to get better. They said, Yesterday during the seventh hour (about one o’clock in the afternoon) the fever left him. Then the father knew that it was at that very hour when Jesus had said to him, Your son will live. And he and his entire household believed (adhered to, trusted in, and relied on Jesus). This is the second sign (wonderwork, miracle) that Jesus performed after He had come out of Judea into Galilee.
3 CHARACTERISTICS OF GOD IN REGARD TO TRUST:
1) YOU CAN TRUST HIS CONSISTENCY. • He’s never let anyone down and He won’t start with you. • Remember when Jesus came through Because He’ll do it again and again. He’s always true to His word.
2) YOU CAN TRUST HIS PURE AGENDA. • His only agenda is to help you. • He’s not trying to make your life miserable. • “Unless you people see signs and wonders…” Jesus was always pushing and challenging people’s beliefs. • Just by the words Jesus spoke, the boy was healed. • Jesus sits at the right hand of the Father praying for you. He’s waiting for you to pray.
John 10:10 AMP
The thief comes only in order to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance (to the full, till it overflows).
3) YOU CAN TRUST HIS SUPERNATURAL POWER. • His words are powerful. • The official remembered the exact moment Jesus said his son was healed was when he was healed. • You have the same power. • Every word that comes from the Bible is supernatural. • You have access to it. • His power is working right now in your life through the Holy Spirit.
What do you have to lose? Nothing. • God knows every situation you’re going through and has an answer for everything
Isaiah 41:13 NIV
For I am the Lord your God who takes hold of your right handand says to you, Do not fear; I will help you.
[Laura Lentz tells a story of a little girl and her dad. The dad tells her to hold his hand. The girl says, “No, you hold my hand.” He asked what the difference was. She said if she held his hand, she might let go. But if he holds her hand, she knows he won’t let go.]
• Give God full access.